Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 71, Week 11

Today I went exploring some more!

I slept in late and had breakfast and then hung out in my room for a while. I made a little perch for myself by turning my comfy chair and the tv so I could relax because I randomly found the NFL channel and was watching the Packers game and a mixture of all the other games that were on. But when the game was almost over, the channel randomly decided to air "The Fox and the Hound" dubbed in Spanish! I don't know what happened there, but I stopped watching. After lunch, Allison and I met up with Tara to go to a different market today called "San Juan de Dios." It was a huge market of everything inside this storage-like building. I bought an embroidered very Mexican shirt there! :) As we were walking in the center to catch a bus back, this young guy came up to us and needed us to translate a letter to English for him. He needed to do it for class to compare English on the street to English learned in the classroom. We did it, but it took a while! He wanted to meet up later sometime at a bar/cafe maybe when he was DJ'ing to thank us-so we'll see how that goes. We made it back to our house and had a little dinner and just hung out. No Halloween celebrating for us, but tomorrow I think some of us are going to get together because our crew doesn't have class and we don't have school either!

I can't believe it's already week 11!
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment