Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 49, Week 7






Yesterday was so fun! I went to the tianguis cultural (cultural market) with my friends Tara, Jenny, Annina, and Allison. When we were getting off the first of the two buses you have to take, it started to take off while Jenny was mid-stride in the back doorway! The doors started closing in on her and everyone started yelling at the driver to stop. Oh it was crazy! The tianguis is toward the center of the town and is basically an arts and crafts show-mexican style. I bought 2 dresses, a tank top and a cover up for around $28, soo it's very inexpensive as well. I also bought some earrings and another bracelet. Gotta love that jewelry! I can't wait until I can bring my mom there when she comes. :) It attracts more of the alternative crowds, but there's a lot of neat things there too. If anything, you can sure do some top of the line people watching there. We went to Walmart after to grab a few things to make some more guacamole for the night and then headed back toward our houses.

Allison and I came home and got ready for the evening's activities and walked back over to Annina's house to make the guacamole and have a little snack. The other girls came over later and our friend David picked us up to go to his family's Argentinian restaurant. We all just ate a little bit because we had just eaten shortly beforehand, but it was VERY delicious. Another friend of ours, Diego was there too so when we were finished with dinner we all packed in the cars and went to the club. We had to wait in line for it to open, but when we got in it was like we were VIP or something because David got us in for free somehow. I had never been to a club before so it was a whole new experience, but I LOVED IT! It was so much fun dancing with everyone.

We left after a couple hours and by that time I think it was around 3 a.m. To the mexicans, that is very early! We went to David's house and had a little after-party. :) That was also a lot of fun and we danced some more. We stayed overnight there and Diego brought us all home around 11 this morning! :) I'm so thankful to have friends from here because it's so much easier to get around and also to get to know the city. They are wonderful people.

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment