Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 64, Week 10





...I woke up around 8:30 this morning to start out my journey back to Guadalajara. It was a little more difficult to get going this morning so early, but we did it! We drove back into town to see if we could have some pozole for breakfast. Pozole is a kind of soup that is different all over the country and I don't know much else about it except I wanted to try it. The best place in town didn't have it on Sundays, so we went back to the restaurant and had an amazing breakfast. They are called huevos norqueños or something like that, and are found only in the Yucatan. They had fried tortillas (tostadas) on the bottom with black refried beans, an over easy egg, a tomato salsa, peas, cheese, and were delicious! It also came with fried bananas that were amazing too. I wanted to leave for the airport around 9:30-10ish so I would have plenty of time to find my gate and everything, but we had to get gas and whatnot and were leaving Puerto around 10:15 or something like that. I was really nervous/worried about it and Abraham could see it on my face and told me "don't be worried, it's making me worried!" We made it to the airport in time and I found my gate and said goodbye to Abraham. I almost shed a tear because I didn't want to leave, but I held it together! My flight was supposed to be boarding but they were waiting for a little while, which was great for me because I was still in a panicked mood. I sat next to the sweetest lady from Guadalajara on the plane and learned all about her family and she told me about several places I should vist. (She even shared her chicken salad sandwich she made and her airplane dessert!) She was great! As soon as I landed, I was already missing Puerto Morelos! I got to Guadalajara around 2 and took a taxi back to my house.

Once I got home I unpacked everything and uploaded all my pictures. Allison invited me out for a drink before dinner so we went back to Casa Bariachi but there weren't any mariachis playing yet. So, we just hung out for an hour or so and went back home for dinner.

I worked on my essay a little tonight and talked with some friends about my trip. I have already looked at prices for spring break to go back there soon! I loved it in Puerto Morelos and will definitely be returning there soon. :)

Week 10
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment