Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 48, Week 7






Last night was FABULOUS! :)
I went to class and my culture class was very interesting as usual, and then I came home to get ready for my night. I talked to Brian for a little bit and my mom too as I was getting ready for our lunch that Allison was making at our friend's house and then the concert after. I walked over to Annina's house where Allison made guacamole, homemade tortillas, and chipotle chicken with beans. It was so amazing!! There was 7 of us including some guys from school we know. After dinner we walked to catch a bus to the town where the concert was at. We were on the wrong side of the road apparently and had just missed the right bus on the opposite side of the road. When we got over to the right side, we waited for a long time and finally came upon our correct bus, but extremely full to the max and no room for 7 more people! We were already behind our schedule so we just walked to the fountain to catch a taxi. We made it to Zapopan in 20 minutes and were absolutely shocked to see how many people were already there. We waited in line for 2 hours just for general seats and actually came across some of our friends so they stood in line with us too. We got in the gate finally and figured out it was in a big "tent" outside and it seemed more like a music festival. My friend told me, "Any concert that sells tacos outside is alright with me." We got inside the tent and were expecting the concert to start at 9 like the ticket said, but we danced and danced and got more squished as the people filled in for 2 1/2 more hours. It was 11:30 by the time they actually came on stage and we were all so tired already! They were amazing and everyone was so loud I thought I was sure to lose my hearing in the left ear. :P Finally around 1 we were all so sick of getting squished and the cigarette smoke and so tired we just walked outside the tent to listen there for a while. I bought myself a t-shirt and we left soon after. It was a great night and I'm so glad I got to see Aventura in concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment