Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 47, Week 7

Boy how it helps to go out to get your mind of off things once in a while! Yesterday after school I took a nice long nap and then Allison and I went to the Cuban bar and Tara met us there too. It was really fun just to go out for some drinks and have some good conversation. After we left, we were still deciding what we wanted to do for the night, but I didn't want to just sit home and sulk all day because I knew that wouldn't do me any good. So, I watched the rest of the Twins game (upsetting), we had a quick dinner and then we met up with some friends to go do a bunch of things! First, we went to some bar where there were more people from school, then we went to some cafe/bar that was really unique. It was supposed to be for this polyglot (someone who speaks many languages) conversation table-type thing, but we all kind of sat at our own table and just had a couple drinks there. After that, a Mexican friend of my Finnish friend brought us to this rooftop house party where there were a ton of Europeans for some reason! haha We just hung out on the rooftop talking and then we left shortly after. We walked about 10 minutes to this salsa club called "La Muturalista" which is very well-known in Guadalajara. It was a big dance floor where a live salsa band played with tables all around us and a bar. At first it was so overwhelming because there were so many people and the guys grab you to dance immediately. We found a teacher from our school there with his girl friends so we sat with them and got some drinks. It was pretty slow at first, but then this middle-aged man came up to me to dance, so I did. He was really weird and danced too close for my liking! I decided to stay away from him for the rest of the night-haha. Then, this guy that is originally from Mexico City came up to ask me to dance and he was super nice and taught me a little bit more about salsa dancing. It was a good opportunity to really work on my Spanish, but it was so loud it was hard to hear. We danced a bunch of times and I went and sat down with him and some friends and just talked about where I was from, etc. I also met a guy from Edin Prairie, MN! He is one of my friend's friends so she introduced us. What a small world! :) It was a super fun night after it got going! I think I will probably go back to that club some other time! I got home around 3 a.m. and just crashed, uffda I was tired! I'm going to the Aventura concert tonight and Allison is also making us a lunch/dinner at our friend's house this afternoon beforehand. I'm pretty excited to have another good day! TGIF :)

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment