Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 55, Week 8





I had a really fun day today! First I went to school and had my midterm test in my first class. I think I did pretty well on it because I was confident in most of the test. My second class was a little more difficult to understand today, but I don't know why. I think I had a case of the Fridays! We saw the soccer team from the university come to our school and they told us their next game was tonight so I asked Javier how we can get some tickets and he gave us 10 free ones! After school I came home and had lunch and then walked over to Jenny and Tara's house. Tara and I walked around the park by their house and I got my eyebrows done at a salon she knows. It was fun to just hang out at their house because I had never been there. Jenny, Annina, and I walked to a hotel near the fountain to by our tickets to the Camila concert next month. During October they have Fiestas de Octubre which is like a month long fair/celebration and they have concerts and different events pretty much everyday. The tickets weren't very expensive at all, so I'm excited to go! It is an alternative/rock type band from Mexico that we've all kind of gotten into thanks to our friends here. After we got back, a bunch of us went with David and another friend Taniya to some bar that specializes in micheladas, which are what I like to say, Mexico's version of a Bloody Mary. I didn't like it so I just enjoyed the little snacks they gave us instead. It was only going to be us friends from school going to the soccer game, but then David, Taniya, Diego Luna, and the other Diego all came too. That way we didn't have to take any buses or taxis! ;) Man it's nice having friends from here with cars! It was a fun time at the game and especially when they scored a goal, everyone went nuts. They ended up tying the game and we went out for lonches (mexican-style subs) after. I got my first hamburger and of course Diego had to make fun of me by saying, "next time we will go to McDonald's for Whitney."-haha When we were finished, Diego Luna brought me back home and now I'm ready to sleep. Tomorrow we are going to go to a rodeo-type thing and maybe a karaoke bar in the night! Should be a fun day! :)

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment