Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 69, Week 10






Yesterday was a really fun day for me. :) (as planned)
I took my first grammar exam and that went pretty well, I think I did just fine. During our break time in between, my culture class all presented a little speech about different parts of the altar that we made in front of the rest of the students. We also had the sweet bread (Pan de Muerto) and hot chocolate that was wonderful! I went to take my culture final which was half fill in the blank and half short-answer questions. I knew about everything except one fill in the blank answer so I think I'll do alright on that too. I want to know how I did on my essay too!

After we were all done with our exams, Allison, Tara, and I took a bus down to the center to find the market for the Day of the Dead things. We made it there but it was so much smaller than what we expected! I actually didn't buy anything which I was kind of upset about. I wanted to get a couple cool figurines. We walked back through one of the streets of shops and had lunch at a nice place. I tried my first Torta Ahogada, which is pretty much one of the more famous foods here in Guadalajara. It is like a pulled pork sandwich on this special baguette called "birote" and then it is drowned "ahogada" in a tomato salsa. It was actually really good, I'd probably have another! We found a bus to get back on and finally made it back closer to our house afteer about an hour because the traffic was so bad in the center. I took a little nap which was longer than I expected because we all had plans to go over to Annina's house.

Annina's last day around Guadalajara was yesterday and then her and her brother are going to be traveling all over the country. We went over to her house to hang out with her for a while before saying our goodbyes. It was really sad to say goodbye to her and I can hardly imagine what it'll be like when the rest of us have to do the same thing! David picked us all up and we drove an hour in traffic to find his favorite bar close to his university, only to be turned down because it was too full. ugh! So we drove a little ways more to an outside bar that had a beach theme and there was sand all over. To my surprise, there was a big basset hound walking around too! It was the coolest thing-haha. Jenny, Allison, David, and I all hung out there for a long time and then our friend Diego joined us. We had a really good time there and the waiter was thoroughly enjoying us "gringas." After that, we went to David's friend's bar/lounge and hung out there for a while and talked. We were getting a little tired, so David drove us all home and I was fast asleep!

Week 10 is almost done! ~OMG~
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment