Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 63, Week 9












Saturday, October 23

...I woke up around 12:30 Saturday afternoon and finally was able to crawl out of bed. :) I was waiting for Abraham to take a shower in the other cabin so I just stayed in mine and almost fell asleep. Turns out he was waiting for me to come over to the other cabin when I was ready to go and he fell asleep. Finally, he came over to the cabin and with him he brought the cake he made for me for my birthday. He is studying to be a chef in Cancun, so for a "test" he designed a cake and made it as my birthday cake. It was absolutely amazing! It was a red velvet cake with a layer of white chocolate mousse inside and had white chocolate and dark chocolate pieces all around the outside of it, with sliced strawberries on the top. :D I had a little bit of it and then put it in the fridge to save for later.

We drove to the town to hang out at the beach for the town, but as we were about a 1/4 of the way there he realized he forgot his swimming trunks so he had to DRIVE BACK to the cabins to get it. Just my luck, halfway on the route back into town, it started to pour! No laying on the beach for a while! He brought me to an internet place so I could print off my boarding pass for Sunday and then we went over to his aunt's house.

There was a bunch of his relatives there that I met including his father and the youngest addition to the family, a 3 month old cousin Alcario. :) He was the most adorable baby I have seen in a long time! Of course I couldn't keep my eyes off him and I really wanted to hold him. I finally got my turn to have him and it was a long time too! It was pretty funny because he was so content and giggly with me and looking into my big blue eyes that his father and Abraham's father asked me how much it would cost for me to take care of him! haha :) (I told them "free" hehe)

The friends we went snorkeling with came to the house and then we all walked to the restaurant from the beach right in front of us. I had an awesome dinner and then walked over to some of the shops across the street to get some things for the family. :) After I was done making my purchases we found Abraham's twin brother and best friend at their uncle's bar down the street so we stopped to talk to them for a while and see what we were going to do for the night. I was so extremely tired from Friday night that we just went back to the cabins and took a shower and relaxed. We were watching tv in the main cabin and I fell asleep for about and hour! His dad came upstairs where we were watching tv and gave me a little glass of wine and said "it's only for the full moon"-haha. We were going to go to a bonfire on the beach at some bar but we were both so tired we ended up just staying at the ranch. I had to be up early in the morning anyway so I didn't want to do anything too late. When we got back to our cabin, I enjoyed the rest of my cake before bed...mmmm. :) It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment