Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 95, Week 14

Today was the last day and night of my mom's visit. :( It went by way too quickly but we definitely did a lot of fun things! I'm so glad she was able to come visit me and learn about lots of things and how my life is down here. Today in my movie class we started a new movie toward the end of the period and we will finish it tomorrow (yay!).

In my conversation class we talked a lot about the foods and beverages that are typical of Guadalajara and Mexico in general, too. Each of us in the class brought different ingredients to make guacamole in class today too. Near the end of the period we went down to the cafeteria area and we all prepared our guacamole and our teacher brought some tequila that we could try too. It was really fun and the guac was DELICIOUS! It made me so hungry to talk about all that food, so it was extra special to get a treat during class. We told our teacher that we need to do that more often, maybe just dedicate next week to make a different thing each day. ;) We'll see how that goes-haha.

Mom and I walked home after class and had a nice lunch with Allison and Megan. We were all so tired from staying out into the wee hours of the morning so we decided to just take it easy today. After lunch I laid down to take a nap and mom joined me on my little twin bed. :) It was cute-hehe. We went over to her house afterward to pack up her suitcases and get most of her things ready to go tomorrow. Dinner was ready when we got back (veggie soup and enchiladas with mole sauce). Mom bought my host-mom Eugenia a bottle of wine for letting her eat at the house and just as a nice gift. Eugenia really liked that of course! We finished watching one of the movies for my research paper after we brought it over to her house. She wanted to catch her host mom before she went to bed to pay her and to give her a little stationary set for a little gift for letting her stay there. Her host mom and her daughter are soo sweet and were very thankful for everything. They told us if we're ever back and need a place to stay it's our house now too. :) I love that part about Mexicans, so very sweet. When the movie was over I came back over to my house and got ready to go to bed because the alarm is set very early to send my mom off in the morning. I'm so glad I'll be coming back home soon! I can't believe is just a little over a week away, I'm very ready!

-Whitney
*10*

No comments:

Post a Comment