Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 96, Week 14

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I am so thankful for everything I have in my life and for those who have helped me become the person I am today. :) It was very weird not celebrating much of Thanksgiving here and also weird missing it for the first time.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning to send mom off! We called a taxi and they actually showed up 10 minutes early, crazy. So we got all her things packed in the car and she took off. She made it safely back to MN around 6 or so tonight and said it was 10 degrees! I am going to need a lot of readjustment time to get used to the cold weather when I get back. I went to the gym this morning and then in my cinema class we finished watching a terror movie about a ghost at an orphanage. It was pretty weird but an OK movie I suppose. In my conversation class we talked about movie stars and some other random things, but it was a nice class. I went home after class for an awesome meal! My host mom made us our very own Thanksgiving dinner with a chicken instead of turkey because they're less expensive, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and of course pumpkin pie for dessert! It was sooo delicious and I ate way too much. :) I had to take a nap after that big meal, but I felt so much better. When I woke up I took a bus over to Jenny's neighborhood and met her to do our laundry again. I worked on my homework and talked to her too. :) When we were all finished I took a bus back home and had a nice little light dinner with the roommates.

Tomorrow I am leaving for the beach again with my friends! I am getting so excited! We will be coming back sometime Monday and then I only have one more week of classes left before I come home. It's so crazy to think about! It will be hard saying goodbye to all of my friends here too. I just won't think about it right now! :)

-Whitney
*9*

No comments:

Post a Comment