Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 80, Week 12

Wow, it was weird to say day 80 for some reason..the time is getting closer and closer. Overall I had a fun day. I hit the gym again this morning before class and had a good workout. I got another birthday card in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma Madison which was a pleasant surprise. Thank you for that-I love you! :) It was freezing in my cinema class again and in my conversation class we talked about gestures that are used in different cultures and the differences in the same gestures used between Latin American countries and the US. It was so fun for me to learn those different things. You wouldn't even imagine how the same thing can have such an opposite meaning to it! After class we had lunch and then Megan and I went with our host mom to visit the lady that her boyfriend and my mom with be staying with. She was SUCH a sweet lady and is very excited to be hosting them. The bedroom was really nice and they get their own bathroom too. We were a little jealous after seeing where they will be. :P I took a small nap after we got back only to be woken by up little Chiara screaming, which is an everyday occurrence. (boy will I NOT be missing that back home!) I was very glad when I talked to Jenny on the internet and she asked if I was up for doing something because I needed to get out of the house! I can only take a VERY small portion of little girl shrieking before it gets to me. Allison and I took the bus to her house and we got some treats and watched a little pickup game of soccer in the park next to her house. We talked to one of the guys for a while who kept trying to convince us to play with them. When the game was done, we walked to a little restaurant and each had a flavored michelada (kind of like a bloody mary with beer instead of liquor). They were pretty good, but very big. I had a shrimp and cheese taco that was great! I think I want to add that place to the list of restaurants I want to take my mom. I sure hope she's ready for them all! :) We took the bus back home after and I hung out talking to Brian for a little while. :)

-Whitney
*25*

No comments:

Post a Comment