Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 90, Week 13


Friday, November 19

Yesterday was a really fun day! I went to the gym in the morning and then to class. I had to take my midterm exam in my movie class which wasn't that bad and then I had to give a presentation in my conversation class. I chose to talk about the music of Mexico and played some songs from the different groups of music. I left my second class early so I could leave for the airport to go get my mommy. I was so excited to get to see her! It took about 40 minutes to get there in the taxi because the traffic was pretty bad. I got to the airport with some time to wait and when I finally got to see her come through the doors I ran up and gave her a big hug. :) We grabbed a taxi and headed back to our house. It was really funny to notice my mom's first impressions of Guadalajara. She especially caught on to the crazy drivers here! When we got to my house, she met my host-mom and I had to be the translator. :) I showed her around the house and then we went out for lunch. After lunch, I brought her over to the house that she is staying at and she met her host-mom too and once again I was her translator (I'll be doing that all week-hehe). I went back over to my house to get ready for the night and then we met back up later. Her, Allison, and I took a bus to a little bar/restaurant that is close to Jenny and Tara's house for some micheladas. David and Mi Die met up with us there and we all had a good time there for a little while. When we were finished, we went to Casa Bariachi which is a big bar/restaurant that plays lives mariachi music. Our other friend Diego met us there too. They all got in a dance contest up on stage before the mariachis came on too, it was pretty hilarious. It was a great night and I'm really glad my mom got to meet my guy friends that I hang out with all the time. :)

-Whitney
*15*

No comments:

Post a Comment