Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 39, Week 6

Oh today was a good day. I had a good time in my classes and am really enjoying my culture class. We're learning a lot about different statistics of Mexico first and then we started a little bit into some foods as well. My professor is a really neat guy and I can usually understand him so that's always nice. He's very knowledgeable about the culture and I can tell he likes teaching it to us. After school today I came home and had some lunch and then laid out in the sun again. I wanted to get a little color for when I go to the beach (TOMORROW!) so I don't turn into a lobster accidentally. I was very nice and hot out today. I think it was around 81 degrees. Our mama told us that in the next 20 or so days the rainy season will be over with and then it will be warmer out. Oh boy, I don't know if I can handle that hot on a daily basis! I shall try. When I came back inside, Allison asked me if I wanted to go find some place to get some ice cream because it was so hot out, so Megan, her and I went on an adventure to find some. We found the little ice cream shop in this little mall and enjoyed it very much. I think I will be making another stop at that mall to check out the cute dressy clothes they have there. :) Allison and I went to get our butts kicked in kickboxing afterward and definitely succeeded. I'm all ready to go to the beach now! haha. Dinner was great and we had another slice of the cheesecake we also had last night. It was so delicious with a little bit of raspberry jelly on top of it. mmmm! Tonight I got to spend some time talking with Brian and now I'm off to bed. Class tomorrow and then we're leaving around 1:30. I won't be able to write my blogs about this weekend until I get back, so stay tuned! Whoo I'm excited! For those of you interested in looking on a map where I will be going, I am going to the little beach called Manzanillo which is located on the Pacific Coast almost straight from Guadalajara. :)

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment