Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 11, Week 2






Ahh today was another fun, busy day!

Class was normal, I guess. Our teachers always end up talking about really funny or different subjects, but it's fun just to listen and learn. After class, 8 of us friends from the school went up for lunch at a restaurant that had a train station theme. While we were there, two different people came up to our table trying to get us to give them money or buy fruit from them. It was a really different experience for me, but they got shoo'ed out of the place.

When we were finished, we walked to the Centro Magno, which is a big mall near our school to go to a movie. They are half off on Wednesdays and are only 40 pesos (a little less than $4) so we thought it'd be a good idea. Another different in the culture: During the advertisements before the movie, there are governmental and political ads, which you don't see in the states. The movie was called Una Compuesta Atrevida, A Bold Proposal, and it was one of the weirdest movies I think I have ever seen! I was so tired all day today from going out last night, so like usual, I fell asleep for a little while during the movie. :P

My roommate, Michelle, and I walked back to our houses and later my roommate and I or went to the gym for our kickboxing class. It was really fun and we had a new instructor, who was definitely gay, but SUPER nice! It's so fun to be immersed in the language while doing things you enjoy. :)

We came home for dinner and we thought we were going to eat with the whole family for once, because Andy, the former MSU student that was over the other night, had plans to come for dinner. Apparently he was going to be later than expected, so Megan and I just ate alone.

Week 2 is half way done! Oh my goodness. Next week we already have midterm tests!

I posted some pictures of the orphanage on yesterday's blog for anyone who would like to see them. There are also more on my facebook page. :)

I start my Mexican dance classes through the school tomorrow! Whoo!

Buenos noches
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment