Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 33, Week 5

Today was a very crazy day. It started out pretty normal with my last day of class for this session. We did a lot of reviewing and played a game too. I laid out in the sun for a little while, trying to study for my tests tomorrow but I came in because I thought it was going to start raining. This afternoon I got some devastating news from my cousin that there was a fatal car crash in Wabasha. I believe it had been raining pretty badly because school was even let out due to the weather. The young girl was driving with her best friend when they pulled out in front of a semi. She sustained some very tragic injuries and is currently in her 2nd operation of the day to reduce some swelling of her brain. The boy she was with however was killed. They are both so young and are known throughout Wabasha so it was very hard for me to think about. Anytime something like this happens, it's always hard, but when you're from a small town, I think it's even worse. I went to the gym to clear my mind for a while. I attempted the Latin Rhythms exercise class but was pretty embarrassed due to my dance skills, or lack there of. Oh well, I will just keep practicing I suppose. When I came home, I began to think of the accident again and was reading the many Facebook posts all over everyone's pages. I am such a soft-hearted person it's such a hard thing to deal with. I had a Really good talk with Brian tonight and can't wait to be back with him in almost 2 months! :) I need some sleep before my tests tomorrow and then I might be hanging out with my Mexican friends (I hope).

Good night
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment