Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 21, Week 3






Oh yesterday was a good day!

My friends and I went to the cultural market in Guadalajara and roamed around there for a while. It mainly consisted of selling heavy metal music or accessories, something to do with the hobby of smoking marijuana, other clothes, or jewelry. I didn't find anything there but it was super cheap! We left the market and went to a town south of Guadalajara to Tlaquepaque. It was a very beautiful town that had streets filled with shops and food vendors. It reminded me a lot of Mazamitla, but nicer and more expensive. I bought a beautiful painting from an artist that only uses a metal spatula. It was very neat to watch him as he worked on another picture. We were there for around 3 hours and got caught in the rain too. It's nice that when it rains, it's usually only for a half hour so we just waited inside a shop. We took a bus back to the center and then my friend Lindsay and I took a cab back to our school and I walked home.

At night, we were invited to our new friend's house for a party. We all got ready and met at the school to "mexipack" several people into a car. That was definitely a funny experience! We all had so much fun, probably a little too much fun, but it was a wonderful time. :)

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment