Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 25, Week 4

Wednesday was lots of fun. In my first class, my teacher shared some Mexican sweets with us as we used the grammar that we have been working on. They were extremely sweet and sugary, but just not my thing. My second teacher let us out 10 minutes early, so that too was really nice! Now we can start the long weekend!

I had lunch and just hung out for most of the afternoon and soaked up some rays. :) I met my friends Jenny and Tara at school at night and we took a bus and then a taxi ride to our friend Diego's house. He lives in a very beautiful private neighborhood about 25 minutes out of town. It definitely seemed like a mansion out of a movie! We made him give us a grand tour. :P He had a really big fiesta for the celebration of the 200 years of independence and 100 years since the revolution that I have been talking about. There were tons of people there, but I only knew about 1/4 of them..maybe not even that! He had the party out in his guest house/terrace so it was amazing. He has a wonderful view of all the city right in his backyard. I was feeling very spoiled to have gotten invited. :) He also had tons of tacos and other snacks for everyone, so it was just an all around great time.

How lucky am I to have gotten to celebrate this great holiday with my wonderful Mexican friends!?

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment