Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 29, Week 5

I had a really good, adventurous day today. My friends and I went to Tonalá, which is a town with a ton of artisans. They have a HUGE open market on Sundays so it was a great day to go. We had a little bit of an adventure before we even started thought. We took the first bus we had to and then crossed the street to get on the second bus, but apparently we shouldn't have crossed the street, because we rode the second route all the way to the end, but in the opposite direction! haha We got to the end and the bus driver says "ok where are you going?" and we told him the town and he told us we needed to be going in the other direction and that it was going to be another hour and a half ride before we got there! He also told us to cross the street to the bus stop and in 15 minutes the bus would pick us up. So we walked across the street, waited for about 5 minutes and then the same bus turned around, stopped, and picked us up! haha Oh it was hilarious. Also, on the way there, I saw some little boys (probably around 7 or 8) wind up to throw something from across the street. Well, it was an apple and he threw it at our bus! haha It reminded me of a story by dad told me about him and his friends throwing apples at cars when they were younger. :) So we got there and had a ton of fun walking through the market and seeing all the neat stuff for sale. I bought some really cool things and can't wait to go back with my mom when she gets here!! We made it back home after a nice long walk and now I'm ready to start my last week in my first session! Final exams are already on Friday!

-Whitney
p.s. my camera died so I couldn't take any pictures today. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment