Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 32, Week 5

I am so sore from the gym yesterday I feel like an old lady! If it's not for my hips or my ankle, it's going to the gym for a nice hard workout that gets me feeling like I should be having my 50th birthday and not 21st. haha :P But all in all, I had a good day. We did some reviewing in class today for our finals on Friday and more review tomorrow too. We played a trivia game in my second class as a speaking and listening exercise and I actually learned quite a bit about Mexico.

My new roommate had lunch with us today! She seems really awesome and is from Seattle, Washington and is 21. She will be moving in with us either Friday or Saturday and will be here until December also. I'm really excited for her to be with us and for her to meet all of our friends we've made, etc. She speaks really good Spanish, but said she doesn't know how to read or write very well so that's why she needs help at the school.

This afternoon, I went to a movie in Spanish "No Eres Tu, Soy Yo" (I am not you, I'm me) with Jenny, Tara, and Megan. It was a pretty good romantic/comedy that involved a lot of listening and Spanish comprehension. I'm getting better tho! :) Every day is better. I raced home from the theater to get ready to go to the gym and headed back in the same direction to get to my kickboxing class. I was the only person who showed up tonight so I had my own private class. :) It was pretty intense and the instructor worked me hard! But that's good, I enjoy it.

Tonight after the gym I just relaxed and talked to my friends about our plans for the beach next weekend. I'm so excited to go traveling some more! I'm glad we have them to travel with and that they want to bring us with to show us their country too. :)

Oh the weeks are flying by!
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment