Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 8, Week 2


What a lazy day!! I finally woke up around 10 because the sun was beating into our room so much I was starting to get so hot. I definitely did not do anything too extrenuating today. I did my homework and watched a movie and some episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." I did get some sun time today, though.

At dinner tonight, an older lady had stopped over to the house to visit with my host parents. She lives in Washington and also in Ajijic, which is about 30 minutes from Guadalajara. She told us that she would love to take us around Chapala, which is the largest lake in the area and only minutes from her us, if we just took the bus there and she would pick us up! That would be awesome! Our school does a day tour to Chapala for around $36, but if we can go cheaper with a local, why pass it up!?

This coming weekend I think I'm going to go on the school excursion to Guanajuato, which is about 5 hours from Guadalajara and is known for its colonial history. That will be fun to experience!

I also was talking to my friend Abraham from Cancun about visiting him too sometime. He told me, "you need to come here if you can, I will take care of you." So, needless to say, I think I will be visiting him too. I found some flights for around $239 so I'm thinking maybe around my birthday in October I would go to visit for a weekend. Oh I'm so excited!

I just finished writing a recipe for cornbread for my mamá, because she wanted to make it but didn't have a recipe. That was interesting to translate! ;)

I can't believe I start week 2 of school tomorrow!
P.S. The picture of the flowers was taken in front of my school. :)

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment