Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 4, Week 1






Today was a good, adventurous day! I woke up and had a nice breakfast, which is usually your choice of cereal, banana, melon, OJ, and toast (which is already toasted in the bag). I talked to mom on skype right when I woke up so that was really nice to see she finally figured it out! ;)

School was good again. We are reviewing the subjunctive and imperative clauses, which may not mean anything to you, but it is like commands and things that you are desiring. We got two more students in our classes. Another girl from Germany and one from Austria. I think it is so cool that all of these people from around the world are meeting in Guadalajara to speak Spanish! :) I took some pictures of my school to give you a better picture of where I am.

After school we walked home and lunch which was a pasta with a tomato sauce on it and a filet of fish with a really flavorful cilantro sauce on that. It was pretty good. And for dessert we had a cake that our mamá invented that had a vanilla cake on the bottom and a chocolate-like ice cream/gelato on the top. mmm was that delicious! I soaked up some more sun today after lunch. It gets really hot though so I can only lay out for like an hour max.

My roommate and I wanted to find a gym to join, so after I did my homework (good student yes I know ;) ) we went on an adventure. As we were walking past the car wash that is also on the way to school, this older man that worked there had to stop me and ask me what my name was and tell me that I was beautiful and my eyes were like mmm! haha...oh I love how flirty everyone is. It's just funny to me. Guys are constantly honking horns, yelling from cars, windows, streets, you name it, staring and wanting to make friends with you. Well long story short, we didn't find the gym but we found the mall. We stopped at the mall and walked around for a while. When we got back to our house, our host mom told us that we were about 2 blocks from the gym-haha. So I think tomorrow we might try it again!

We had an enchilada dinner tonight that was a lot different than the enchiladas at home, but still pretty good. It is very interesting to learn the different customs too. Because when we are eating, our host mom never eats with us. We are always alone and she serves us before anyone else.

Tomorrow evening we get to go to the orphanage to volunteer, so I'm really excited for that. I think it will be sad yet fulfilling at the same time. There's just so much to see and do here, but a little difficult to get and out do it when you don't know your way around yet! I hope they assign us to our Mexican friends pretty soon so we won't be so bored after school.

Buenas noches!
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment