Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 5, Week 1

Hola! Today was an excellent day! Like usual, I had breakfast before school and then we stopped by our friend's house to get her. Her host mom is super nice and yesterday invited us into the house to wait for Michelle.

My classes were good, too. I like to think of them more as conversation tables more than classes. We are reviewing some things and then we tend to veer off onto different topics that end up being pretty funny. We tend to talk a lot about things that are sexy like the telenovelas (soap operas) and advertisements, etc. It's pretty funny listening to our teachers talk about that. My first teacher is Carmen and she doesn't speak any English, so it's complete immersion there, and my second teacher is Mercedes who is a tiny little lady that also doesn't speak much English. I feel like because it is total immersion that it doesn't seem like we are doing a lot in the classes, but it's just that I don't realize that I'm learning while I'm listening. I was talking to a girl in my class from France about wanting to travel to Cancun sometime to visit my friend Abraham, but I don't know if that will happen or not.

After school, Megan, Michelle, and I walked home to have lunch and then we took a little siesta. :) We just hung out for a while and were getting really bored, so we decided to take another stab at trying to find the gym. We actually found it!! We asked the man to take a look around and then we decided to join it. It's not the prettiest gym ever, but it's definitely nice and they have classes they you can take too. I'm pretty excited about it, because it's not too far from our house and I think Megan and I are going to start tomorrow after lunch. :)

When we came back, we had a really good dinner that was a bean soup, something like roast beef with a sweet BBQ-like sauce and homemade potato chips with chocolate ice cream! :) ahh it was good!

Tomorrow I think we are going to get a group of people together from our school to go out for dinner and drinks. That should be pretty fun so I'm excited about that! No orphanage AGAIN today because apparently they just started school so HOPEFULLY next week. :)

I can't believe week 1 is already almost done!!

Buenas noches!
-Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having so much fun ~ I love getting up in the morning to ready your blog to read your detailed diary of the day! Love you hun! Momma

    ReplyDelete