Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 104, Week 15





MY LAST DAY IN GUADALAJARA!

I can't believe that I am actually leaving tomorrow morning, bright and early I shall add. Today I had a really easy day at school! We just watched a movie in my first class, but I wasn't really paying much attention-haha. oops! In my second class, we were supposed to review our speeches from Wednesday and get our grades for them, but the camera wasn't working to hook up to the TV or a computer, so our teacher decided she would e-mail us our videos and our grades. So we took a picture together (all 3 of us in the class) with the teacher and she let us leave. I sat and talked with Javier for a little bit and snapped a picture with him too. :) It was so weird saying goodbye to all these people! This was actually my life, I have been living my own life in Mexico for 3 months! Wow! :)

After I walked home, Allison and I had lunch together. Megan left early this morning, when I was actually going to sleep-haha. After lunch I worked on packing everything up. I didn't think I was going to get everything into 2 suitcases and couldn't believe I had so much stuff! I have to leave behind some clothes, but not much and it's not a big deal because I'd rather bring home gifts and other things. :)

Allison and I met Jenny and Tara to go out for a while tonight so we went to a bar/restaurant that we've been to before and had some drinks and some wonderful guacamole. :D When we were finished, David, Jordi, Mi Die, and Taniya all met us there so we could get together for a while. We went to a little restaurant that I took my mom to the first night she was here and had some beers and talked for a while. I had the last of my friends write in my notebook for memories. :) It will be really hard reading that I think, but I'm going to save it until the plane ride to read. I was a little sad because I didn't get to see some of my guy friends before I left, but I'm hoping to be back soon! (not sure how soon though-haha) David dropped me off at my house and everyone got out of the car to say goodbye to me again. It was a little rough but not too bad after last night. It's just so hard to think that I won't be seeing them everyday or at least on the weekends anymore! But I will be back to my friends and family and can't wait for that either! :)

I've been so blessed to be able to take this huge learning opportunity to study in Guadalajara. My Spanish has improved tremendously as well as my knowledge of the culture. :) ..and that's exactly what I wanted out of this trip! I'm very proud of myself for doing this and living out my dream of studying abroad.

Now I hope I don't get caught in Texas tomorrow because of a snowstorm in Minnesota or something. :P My taxi is coming at 5 with another friend down the road so we can share the fare.

Wow, what an AMAZING experience I've just had.

-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment